Jon and Wes talk about their love of Shane Black movies including the Lethal Weapon series, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and his upcoming new movie The Predator. Wes also shares some gossip on the new Star Trek shows, and then they for some reason talk about their favorite superhero movie of the new century.
– By J.W. Fox – “No starship may interfere with the normal development of any alien life or society.“ -Starfleet General Order 1 Star Trek portrays a utopian future where humanity has overcome many of the flaws in its nature to become an advanced, enlightened, peaceful, and prosperous civilization. Our rise takes place before the […]
– By J.W. Fox – WARNING: SPOILERS FOLLOW It took over two weeks to digest everything I saw in Avengers: Infinity War, the only movie with more hype than the next Star Wars movie. Nearly every Marvel character is featured in this triumphant, awesome, epic, funny, heartbreaking first part of a two parter. To put […]
– By J.W. Fox – Pride and Prometheus is a genre mashup of two Victorian classics that have nothing to do with one another. Taking characters from arguably the first science fiction novel and introducing them to the ladies of Jane Austen’s classic romance, is the crossover you didn’t know you wanted. The story is […]
– By J.W. Fox – Pacific Rim Uprising delivers exactly what you expect. Giant robots, fat kaiju with glowing blue blood, massive explosions, urban destruction, laughable science, flimsy plot, and one-dimensional characters. It is an opportunity to turn your brain off for a couple hours and watch senseless mayhem. The writers and producers tried their […]
– By J.W. Fox – John Kessel’s The Moon and the Other is very much a work of social science fiction, with all the pros and cons that go with that label. At times it is reminiscent of Heinlein, with characters having influential roles in Lunar politics, giving speeches, and lecturing one another on […]