In these dark times of war, recession, and elections, I thought I’d take some time to cheer you up. This episode is my case for a brighter future, one where we will live like the people of Star Trek’s Federation. Happier, healthier, wiser, freer and more prosperous than ever before! See Links Below for […]
– By J.W. Fox – There are countless books about Star Trek out there, but if you were interested in reading about the economics of the future, there is only one. Academic and longtime Trekkie Manu Saadia examines the economic system of the United Federation of Planets in his book Trekonomics: The Economics of Star […]
– By Paulie Spiceflow – Sorry for the punny title, but after watching two episodes of Aftermath, that is the best way to describe it. Plagued with bad writing, complete lack of realism, and a mismatched hodgepodge of tropes, and you get a series that should be cancelled ASAP. Creators Glenn Davis and Bill Laurin […]
– By Paulie Spiceflow – ***Warning: Season 2 Spoilers Follow*** Season 2 of Dark Matter concluded Friday with another cliffhanger, just like season 1. The crew of the Raza is in grave peril, while sinister plots unfold. Like Killjoys, the writers of Dark Matter like to leave a big mess at the end of […]
Author Rhett C. Bruno joins me to discuss his new novel Titanborn. In this gritty and innovative science-fiction thriller in the vein of Philip K. Dick’s Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, turmoil on one of Saturn’s moons rattles Earth’s most powerful citizens—and draws one planet-hopping rogue into a fight he never saw coming.
– By J.W. Fox – Trekkies will have to wait a little longer for their beloved Star Trek to return to television. This week, CBS announced the series premiere of Star Trek Discovery will be pushed back six months to mid-2017. Yet, most bloggers and fans seem to be breathing a sigh of relief rather […]
– By J.W. Fox – Morgan sports a talented cast plus the backing of sci-fi legend Ridley Scott (credited as a producer), yet its writer/director team are a pair of relative newbies. Director Luke Scott and Writer Seth W. Owen must have some powerful friends to secure this kind of talent for their first major […]