– By Paulie Spiceflow – Syfy Channel’s summer lineup is reaching the end of the season, starting with the space opera Killjoys. I started watching this show only a month ago, and I apologize for being so far behind on my sci-fi shows. In my defense, I caught up quickly and have been watching with […]
An episode celebrating the success of pirates, smugglers, mercenaries, and other criminal crews in winning over millions of fans. Notable motley crews include Guardians of the Galaxy, Firefly, Dark Matter, Star Wars: Rebels, and many many more. Springhole Tips for Writing En Semble Casts – http://www.springhole.net/writing/write-better-ensemble-casts.htm
Jon and I cover some of the big science news in the past few weeks, including the discovery of an Earth-like planet in the Proxima Centauri system, and a way of converting CO2 into energy. There is talk of generation ships, probes, alien contact, hypnosis, and saving the world. The usual. Story of Alien […]
– Paulie Spiceflow – Indie movies have the potential to surprise and enthrall you. But most of the time, they are pretty awful. That is the case with Approaching the Unknown. While the previously reviewed movie Andron was a clear knockoff of Hunger Games and Maze Runner, Approaching the Unknown is a weak copy of […]
– By Jacob Foxx – When a book makes the reader work just to keep up with the story, it can be frustrating. Some authors like to throw all sorts of neologisms, strange characters, and unique ideas at a reader without much context. Archangel is a tough read at times but possesses some unique ideas […]
– By Jacob Foxx – Great novels are each great in their own unique way. Terrible novels are usually terrible for many of the same reasons. Discussing bad writing isn’t about bashing certain books or authors; it is about explaining what not to do. Avoid the common pitfalls and you have a better chance of […]
On this episode, Microsoft Matt and I review The Martian, a Ridley Scott film based on the best selling SELF-PUBLISHED novel by Andy Weir. We discuss scientific innovation, diversity, and excessive rain. NASA’s recent announcement of finding flowing salt water on Mars seems like quite a coincidence, don’t you think???
– By Jacob Foxx – Amazon has been an excellent platform for self-published and indie authors over the past five years. As part of the enterprise, they established Amazon Publishing which has a family of imprints, including 47North and Skyscape. Elliott Kay’s Poor Man’s Fight is one of many success stories among the Amazon imprints. […]